Friday, June 6, 2008

Pretty nifty...




I found out how to make glass glob magnets from my friend, Sarah, at Vintage Lily and I'm hooked! I made several before I got my "ding" (lightbulb going off) moment. I have been looking for a long time for a free gift to add in each person's jewelry order. I wanted it to be something they would actually like and something beautiful. Well, I think I also found a way to do all of that as well as a friendly reminder to come visit me again. If you print your website out very small on your computer, it actually gets magnified under the glass. So..... I added my website to the magnet and I am very happy with my free gift now. I wanted it to match my personality and not all be cookie cutter gifts. Now, my daughter and I scour magazines, papers, cards, you name it for that perfect look to make our designer magnets. It's also a quick and easy and fun craft project to do with kids. My daughter picked out her very favorite sunshine flower and made her personalized magnet for the fridge. To make them, you need glass globs with at least one flat side, modpodge glue and magnets, all of which can be found at wal-mart. Just decoupage the picture you want to the back of the glass and then super glue the magnet on. Oila!
Oh! another cool tip: If you have metal trays, you can mount them to the wall and have a message center with them. I showed you my vintage pink lace metal tray to display mine on and I thought about how cool it would be on the wall. So thanks,Sarah!! You are my inspiration!
Happy Friday!!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

How fun! Isn't it such an easy project....instant...gratification! I LOVE the vintage pink tray. What is the lace paper on there? Is it scrapbook paper or an actual doily? Yours is so pretty. I made a few more magnets, too, for myself this week. I couldn't resist. Such an easy and inexpensive gift. Good idea with your website on it. Have a great weekend!
Sarah
http://vintagelily.typepad.com/my_weblog/

Anonymous said...

Love it...
Lady, you are amazing!

Dawn-Hydrangea Home said...

Hi Lori! Love those magnets. I was making those for my customers a while back too! But I was making smaller ones. I love yours with the web address - great marketing!

Anonymous said...

Clever Clever! I love it!
You are so right..wonderful 'thank you' gifts for customers!
Have a wonderful week!
XO
~Christine

Shana said...

Super fun. And I love that you are giving them as free gifts for orders - the perfect way for customers to remember you!

Amy Sutter said...

So beautiful and special!!! You are so talented :)
Blessings,
Amy

Simply Lovely