Thursday, July 17, 2008

Jane Austen book club


I know I've been away for awhile, but I have been soo busy! We've had company and have been working to remodel my studio space with new paint, etc. I will be posting pics soon of my studio and giving you a little tour of where I work. I have missed blogging and all my sweet blogger friends and hopefully now I can be back in the swing of things! I'm also working on some new jewelry designs that I'll post soon.
I had an idea that I would start a Jane Austen Book Club. I love Jane Austen and never seem to have enough time to read like I want to. I thought if I started a little club those of you who love her too may want to join me. I plan on reading slowly at 2 chapters a week. I know that's slow, but if I were to plan anything faster I probably will quit. Two chapters a week is something I can swing. So, here's the official beginning! I'm starting Pride & Prejudice and will blog about it next Friday. I want to read all her books eventually. We can even have discussions about what we read that week. I think it'll be fun. Put on the tea kettle, brew your favorite tea and enjoy a little summer reading by a great and talented author.

Hugs to you~
Lori

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love her books! Gosh... I haven't read a good novel in awhile...
Good to hear from you!
Can't wait to see what you've been up to!;)
XO
~Christine

Anonymous said...

Hey Lori,

That sounds like so much fun!! I am all for being a part of your book club. I actually have started reading that book recently, but I put it aside. So this will be the perfect encouragement to jump back into it.:)

Jillian

Cris Cunningham said...

I'm catching this a few days late, but I would love to join you. Jane Austen is my favorite author, but I haven't had time to read some of her books. This would be a great opportunity.

Simply Lovely