Thursday, November 8, 2007

These are a few of my favorite things......




Upside down hat, upside down doughnut- who cares! Life is sweet......

If you've never eaten a Krispy Kreme doughnut, first let me offer my condolences. It is truly one of the guiltiest of pleasures in life. They are the most delectable when eaten hot straight out of the oven after being slathered in rich, creamy icing. If you go in the store, you can buy them 2 seconds after they've been iced. Talk about melt in your mouth! Really is hard to describe the joy of it all if you've never experienced it for yourself. Being from the south, it was hard to imagine a place not having Krispy Kreme doughnuts. We grew up eating them and it was the preferred place to go for any occasion. So, when I moved to Ca. after getting married, to my shock I realized there was no Krispy Kreme doughnut shops!! What a terrible place it must be. Of course, now you can get them pretty much anywhere. I do live back in the south now(for many years) where life is as it should be with restaurants completely understanding when I order sweet tea. When life has you a little down, you can always head to the nearest Krispy Kreme for a sweet pick-me-up and a large gourmet coffee. As for the calories, like Scarlet O'hara would say, you can't worry about that right now, you can worry about that another day.

No comments:

Simply Lovely