Tuesday, January 5, 2010

2nd annual trip to the Curious Sofa











I've decided that every year when I visit my sister in Kansas City, I will not miss a trip to the Curious Sofa. Every time I go, it looks like a different store. It is such a fun place to go. They use things in such unusual ways that are everyday items. For example, sheet music covered boxes, I loved them! They also used old newspapers to make paper chain "chandeliers." Cool ideas everywhere you look. I always buy a few things as souveniers each time. This time I got a typewriter key ring with my husband's initals, a neat little journal book, and an old postcard from France. I have new items of my own to list! I have a line called, Vintage Gypsy. Each piece is made from antique fun pieces with chains, buttons, unique found objects and more. I have several "new" pieces to add sometime this week. Each are one-of-a-kind. But for now, enjoy browsing around the Curious Sofa.

Cheers!

Lori

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like a place I would love to shop! You ought to go to Fairhope, AL; there are lots of really neat shops to browse through and it isn't too far away.

The Huffs said...

oooh, definitely a place i would love to visit. makes me want to hunt for an antique place around this area now...

Amber_Keever said...

Oh my goodness! This place is so amazing! Dallas and I make sure to visit places like this everywhere we go. NC is great for little flea markets and antique stores :D

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Lori,
I remember your first field trip you posted last year! It's a beautiful store, I wish I lived closer and could go once in a while. Thanks for sharing your adventure there with us. Hope things are very, very good with you and I'm wondering about Mia. Happy 2010, all my best to you.
xo~Tracie

Simply Lovely